Home run calls in baseball are getting old. Some prime examples are "Fly fly away", "Back back back", and especially "An A Bomb...from A-Rod". Sure we get the occasional gem like Stuart Scott's "As cool as the other side of the pillow" or Kenny Mayne's "I'm not sure what the pitch was, but it tastes like chicken" but they are few and far between. Baseball needs an infusion of younger announcers with new and improved catch phrases. I have come to the conclusion that the easiest way to do this would be the use of texting lingo. I offer you a short list that I have come up with followed by the new meaning and a sentence using the phrase. Batter up!
- bff been flying forever He hit that so hard it has BFF!
- brb ball really blasted Here's the pitch, that BRB over the right field wall!
- fml friggin' mile Chipper takes it a FML!
- imho it might hit orbit Crushed and IMHO!
- lmao lifted mightily and out The ball is LMAO to center!
- lol launched out (to) left He swings and LOL!
- omg one more gone McCann homered his first at bat, and OMG!
- rotf rocked over the fence Hit well and ROTF!
- tmi three men in Runners on first and second...TMI!
- ttyl take that you losers Heyward, tired of the opposing teams fans says TTYL!
- wtf watch the fans WTF in the bleachers fight for that souvenir!
You can of course use combinations like "Curveball and OMG a FML WTF, TTYL!"